Saturday, May 5, 2012

Clean Eating- Salsa

Ive been looking into making my own recipes. And granted, salsa is not exactly a brain buster on changing some of the ingredients to make it "clean", but you gotta start somewhere, right????

My inspiration comes from The Gracious Pantry again! 

So here is my own personal salsa recipe. I am using this with homemade guacamole to eat up the rest of my Tostitos that I had bought up, before I start my new diet.

This is just for a small portion so if you want to make more, double the ingredients etc.

2 Vine Ripe Tomatoes - diced
1 cup onion (I use white) diced
1 pepper- cleaned out and diced ( i dont like a lot of heat, if you do add more)
1 lime- squeeze it and use the lime juice that remains
1 clove garlic ( if you like more stronger garlic flavor use two)
1 tsp sea salt

If you have a food chopper that will dice your vegges to a chunky consistency then use it. Otherwise it will get too mushy and be more runny salsa ( of course if you like this then go for it) Just dice and mix all items together and enjoy!

You can also use red onion, but i dont like the way red onion tastes, so I opted for white.

-Stephanie

1 comment: