Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Do you feel like if you DONT eat, its wasteful from what you fix?

Thats a huge question that I have always had a problem with.

I feel like if I make something, order something, and I get full before im done, I feel obligated to finish it. Why? Because we have always been told to clean our plates. And thats not good for your body. Most portions in restaurants are 3-4 times the amount you are supposed to eat. And I know I could take it home, but then it usually sits in my fridge and gets gross, or I get home and 3 hours later, am tempted to eat it! Which is also a bad idea.

This is my biggest issue with dieting. Im taking a new approach to what I fix and how much I fix. And I have decided my new goal is whatever I cant eat, or is leftover, I will send it with my husband to work, or it will go in the trash. Unless its something good for me ( like i make salsa or something ) then it will be next nights dinner. I have to stop trying to clean my plate, and make sure my plate is only filled with as much as I SHOULD eat.


2 comments:

  1. yes Ma'am I do!!!! I feel guilty if I waste food, and I feel guilty if I eat it!!!!!! Its like a constant battle with myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stick to something that is good the next day. (Although when I'm being really strict with my eating, I've been known to throw out the rest of my 'cheat' meal so I can't have a 2nd cheat meal)

    ReplyDelete