Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mexican Pizza- healthy style!

So, I opted to try to make the tortilla's, and needless to say, I need a bit more practice :) But that is perfectly ok! We had a thing of wheat tortilla's in the fridge that needed to be ate, so I used them.

Here's what I did:

Layer one wheat tortilla on the bottom
1/2 cup or less of homemade refried beans ( omg they are so good) as the base

Then i used ground turkey and cooked it on the stove ( no oil etc just its natural juices) and added chopped onions in as well. When it was halfway done, I added a thing of taco seasoning I had on hand. I also added about 1/2 cup of water to mix everything and make sure things were not over done or burnt!

Then at the end I added a 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and let it melt and mixed it all together.

I then layered 1/2 cup of filling on top of the beans. The another tortilla then same process. Topped it off with taco sauce.

Beans- 152 calories per half cup
Tortillas- depends on what brand you use
Ground turkey- 240 calories per 2 oz of meat
Onion- not 100 percent sure on this as it was only 1/2 cup onion total for the whole meal
Taco Seasoning and taco sauce- very little and depends on what brand you use
Cheese- 60 calories per serving


2 comments:

  1. It does look really good! Did you post your recipe for your homemade refried beans? If so, I missed it =( LOVE Mexican food and always looking for new things to try!

    ReplyDelete