Monday, April 9, 2012

7 Day Challenge

So, while I'm starting this diet stuff- I know I need to eat better. Not just cut back, but better in general. Like cut out so much processed stuff. This is HARD for me. Do you know WHY? Because I am a coupon queen.

I GET FOOD FOR FREE OR CHEAP. And changing that, even just adding 50.00 a week into my budget, is something that scares me. Ive been so frugal with grocery shopping for going on EIGHT YEARS, that, to be honest, I am scared to spend more money on better foods. Silly? Maybe.

So a friend of mine recommended a site that I just checked out-

100 Days of Real Food

Now, I know some of the basics. I have been reading her information on Real Food Defined.

Has anyone done this. And by done this, I mean went from being a very frugal coupon savvy person, to spending more on your budget to eat healthier, this way? If so let me know. Seriously, I want to know im not alone, that it can be done.

I am NOT jumping into this lifestyle head first. But I am taking pointers and at least trying to incorporate this into my diet.

So my 7 day challenge to me is:
  • Drink nothing but water, milk ( on occasion) and stay away from ALL soda's 
  • Do my Body By Vi for Breakfast and Lunch every day, no excuses
  • Snack 2 times a day- this is my problem because i pick things that arent great for me- so my goal for these items is to be 300 calories or less, and not be bread items
  • Dinner- no pasta or bread unless its whole wheat bread for the 7 days ( no pizza nothing with bread) 
Im going to try , try being the key word here, to keep track of what I make ( recipe wise) and upload it here. Maybe Ill come up with some killer food item one of these days that will inspire someone to rave about it lol. Who knows.

If anyone wants to take the challenge with me, or your own challenge, feel free. 7 Days- april 10th to the 16th

I pray for my husband, and you should too. Any new "change" makes me a bit grumpy!

-Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a smart phone?

    If so, there is an app and website called MyFitnessPal. It's completely free and helps you create calorie goals specific to you and your weight loss goals.

    It also has a recipe function where you can input ingredients and number of servings and it gives you the nutrition content per serving and for the entire recipe.

    I've lost 15 pounds in the last 3 weeks using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am on MyFitnessPal i use it on my ipad daily. <3 that site

    ReplyDelete