Sunday, April 29, 2012

Move over Dominos, FRESH sauce coming through!

So, as you have probably realized by now, I am on a quest to eat better foods, more whole foods... in simpler terms more REAL FOOD. And I have been researching different things to come up with to fix me and my husband, that is not expensive, nor requires a whole lot of time.

I came across another wonderful recipe from The Gracious Pantry, and decided to give it a try. Here's my results: (we have not ate this yet, we are making the pizza dough tomorrow night and I'll have the recipe etc on that then)

First off- the recipe! Its super easy, super fast, and super cheap!

4 Vine Ripe tomatoes- diced
4 cloves of garlic ( I use my Pampered Chef garlic peeler and slicer for this)
15 oz of No Salt added tomato sauce
Salt to taste
Basil to taste ( we didn't use this as I did not have any on hand)
Instead I used onion powder, just a little, as real onions would have been too strong for us

You blend all but the sauce in a blender, then add the sauce in. I blended it all smooth ( looks like tomato juice but light pink lol) or you can just food process it just a few times to make it chunkier! Either way, it tasted yummy when I tried it, before putting it into a container to save for tomorrow night. Here's some photos and some video  :) Enjoy!















1 comment: