Saturday, April 21, 2012

This little piggy went to market... and got GOOD food!

So its the end of week one today. Its been kinda a so so week for me, really, if Im going to be honest with myself and everyone else.

We had donuts yesterday morning. Which , now I remember WHY I dont like sweets, especially three cream filled donuts. So, lesson learned. Yep I cheated. I do that sometimes. Im human.

We decided to go do some shopping last night, as I really wanted to take my husband over to Whole Foods Market and show him the place. He's not a "Health food" eater, but I wanted to show him that they had really good stuff, and taste would not be affected.

We ended up spending about an hour in there, browsing and smelling stuff, and then had our late lunch there. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Do you want to eat here? They have some really good sandwiches."
Him: " Uh, like the one you said had hummus on it, I dont want that one."
Me: "They have more than just the garden wrap! Look, they have one that has meat and cheese on it."
Him: " Ok, ill try that one. But I dont want hummus."
Me: "You dont have to have hummus on it. Geesh."

So we get our food. We check out with our cart full of groceries, and he takes them to the car, while I go to settle in at the tables in the back, where some delightful bluegrass music is starting to be played by a few gentlemen. He comes back, and I realize I didnt get anything to drink. So while he's starting to eat, I go run to get me a green tea. Come back, and he's already halfway through his sandwich. Im like " Is it good?" to which he replies "Yes this is really good, here try a bite!"

Im thinking in my head , "I knew if he just tried it he would like it." So, me being the ever evil one, said "Here try a bite of MINE." Apparently he had forgotten that there was hummus on this. And he took a big bite. And liked it. Im like you just ate hummus. To which he argued that he ate the side without it. Um no, dear, it has it on both sides.

Long story short- my husband agreed that we should come twice a month to get dinner and buy our fruits, vegetables( some), meats and a few other select items. Which is good news for me. Because we spent 100.00 easily last night. But im determined to eat healthier ( as much as I can)

Our dinner was 15.00 so subtract that from the 94.00 we spent, and really, we only spent 79.00.

We got:
1 lb ground lamb
3.5 lbs of top sirloin steak
1 thing of aged cheese ( omg im a cheese snob as my husband )
Some goats milk soap - Almond ( i could like, sniff this stuff, ALL DAY)
Organic onions
Organic avocados
Organic tomatoes
Organic Kiwi
Organic Corn on the cob
Hummus ( which by the way, he tried this kind and liked it)
And something else but I forget what it was now!

Anyways this will last us 2 weeks. With adding in things to make these things- breakfast- snacks- lunch's and dinners, 79.00 well spent.

I actually will be going to the farmers market soon too. I used to go a lot a few years back, but its so early in the mornings Im usually asleep lol

-Steph

1 comment:

  1. Thats funny!!! And now you know that he likes hummus.... Ive never had it... ive heard about it .... what is hummus?

    ReplyDelete