Sunday, April 22, 2012

WEEK 2 BLOG CHALLENGE!

Ok, so as I was reading over some other forums getting ideas for this week's challenge, a thought popped into my head. It was so simple, I cant believe this did not occur to me earlier!

So this week's challenge is super simple - They say that walking is one of the best exercises you can do for your overall health. So this week's challenge is right here-

Walk 10,000 Steps- You can do it!

Go there and read- its very helpful. I challenge EACH OF YOU to walk 10,000 steps AT LEAST ONE DAY this week. If you dont have one, get a pedometer. They are cheap ( a few bucks) at Wal-mart, and really do help measure how much activity you are doing ( steps per day)

I want each of you to tell me below in a blog comment " Im going to aim to walk 10,000 steps for ______ Days this week."

Seriously. Get off your tush and walk. Its good for you.

-Stephanie

13 comments:

  1. I am going to aim to walk 10,000 steps for 3 Days this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And i already walk about 7000 steps a day so this is not much of a stretch for me. If you cant walk 10,000 thats OK IT DOESNT MATTER, you are just trying to motivate yourself to get there

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to aim to walk 10,000 steps for 2 days this week! (Angela Curley Elder)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to aim for 10,000 steps FIVE days this week. I have been "stepping" up my walking already anyway. Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a pedometer, so.. this should be interesting.. i have an app on my phone that has this feature, but obviously those can be "buggy"... so, I think i will try it the first couple days and if it isn't very accurate, get a pedometer mid week...

    so, that being said...

    I'm going to aim to walk 10,000 steps for three days this week.

    I think that's a good start since I don't know my daily average and it can always be bumped up later! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to aim for 10,000 steps for 2 days this week. I already have a walking counter thingy, so I can use that to be sure, The reason I say only 2 days is because I already do water walking 3 times a week for an hour each of those days. I dont thinnk the counter thingy is water proof so I wont be using it at the pool!!!! We can all make a difference in our health!!!! Lets do this!! Whoot Whoot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will commit to 2 days this week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im going to aim to walk 10,000 steps for 2 Days this week. - Heather K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im going to aim to walk 10,000 steps for 3 Days this week."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to walk 10,000 four days this week!!! Can I calculate that on skates? We do SUCH a ridiculous workout, i'd be crazy not to count that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im going to aim to walk 10,000 steps for one Days this week, just one. If I can do it more, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Monday 4/23/12 did my hour of water walking. Tuesday 4/24/12 (today) walked a mile on the tread mill ..... and still have yet to walk Princess KoKo! She loves to go for walks with Mama!!!!! Hope everyone is doing great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Friday upate... did my hour of water walking early this a.m. at the Y ... and yesterday even tho I was a hot crying mess all day long..... my meter says 10857!!!! Anxiety was a major factor on why I hit 10000 steps.... but I did it !!!!!! I havent wighed myself .... waiting for Sunday morning for that.... I have noticed my clothers are not as tight .... but still tight!!! Working on that !!! ♥ Kat

    ReplyDelete